First Issues Collectors Club
of stamps and philatelic material
First Issues Collectors Club By-laws
- Article 1: Name. The name of this organization shall be the First Issues Collectors Club (hereafter referred to as the Club).
- Article 2: Purpose. The purpose of the First Issues Collectors Club is to promote the collection of the first postage stamps issued by any nation, province, city, army, or other entity that has, at any time, issued postage stamps, and to facilitate the exchange of information about those issues among stamp collectors.
- Article 3: Membership. Any individual shall be considered a member in good standing if he or she has paid dues for the current membership year. A membership year is defined as a calendar year embracing four issues of First Issues, the official quarterly newsletter of the Club. Any member in good standing shall be qualified to vote in elections of the Club and to hold office in the Club. Each member in good standing shall have one vote.
- Article 4: Management. An Executive Committee consisting of the President, the Vice President, the Secretary/Treasurer, the Editor of First Issues, and the Auction Manager shall administer the affairs of the Club.
Section 1. Only members in good standing may hold office or serve on a committee.
Section 2. The members of the Executive Committee shall set the annual dues of the club.
Section 3. The President shall be responsible for appointing the committee chairpersons, and for such other duties as may be required to conduct the business of the Club.
Section 4. The Vice President shall be an ex-officio member of all committees of the club and, in the event the President is unable to continue in office, shall assume the office of President until the next scheduled election.
Section 5. The Secretary/Treasurer shall maintain the official records of the Club, including the membership roster, the Club bank account, and other records as may be required. The Secretary/Treasurer shall cause to be published in First Issuesan annual statement of the financial status of the Club.
Section 6. The Editor shall prepare and cause to be published four quarterly issues of First Issues, the official newsletter of the club, during each calendar year.
Section 7. The Editor and the Auction Manager shall be appointed by the President with the concurrence of the Executive Committee and shall serve as members of the Executive Committee.
Section 8. The President shall also appoint a Webmaster who will be responsible for the setup, operation, and maintenance of an Internet web site for the Club.
Section 9. The President, Vice President, and Secretary/Treasurer shall be elected for a term of two years by a plurality of those members in good standing who cast their votes. They may succeed themselves for an unlimited number of terms. An election will be held only if there is more than one nominee for any office. Otherwise, the nominee will assume office by acclamation.
- Article 5: Amendments. These by-laws shall become effective on June 1, 1997. They may be amended by a simple majority of the members in good standing who cast their votes. Petitions for amendment of these by laws may be generated by the Executive Committee or by a member of the Club December 1, 2002. Proposed changes are marked like this: Proposed Change. Please review and submit any changes or comments to the Club President
|Page created 13 Nov 2015